By Arcade Dental / October 6, 2021
Missing teeth can have a substantial influence on your smile, appearance, and overall health. If you’re looking for a solution for missing teeth, you must understand your treatment options. Understanding your treatment options will assist you in determining the best answer for you. Finding the perfect substitute is essential for a confident smile, and dental bridges are one of the most popular solutions. If you need one or more missing teeth replaced, here are a few things you should know before contemplating a dental bridge as a solution.
What Is a Dental Bridge?
A dental bridge is a popular dental treatment that replaces missing natural teeth with one or more artificial teeth made of resin or porcelain. A bridge, also known as a filler, fake teeth, or partial denture, is joined to crowns that secure the device to natural teeth. To effectively attach the bridge and hold the prosthetic teeth in place, the crown may cover two or more teeth. If natural teeth are not accessible, your dentist may propose implanting teeth on either side of the bridge to support it in place.
Types of Dental Bridge
Dentists utilize several types of bridges:
- A traditional bridge consists of two crowns, sometimes known as abutments, that hold the false teeth in place. This is the most common bridge style, and it can be fixed or removable.
- A cantilever bridge just needs one crown for support. This is a less invasive method that may be suitable for persons who do not wish to destroy healthy teeth. In comparison, a single crown can act as a lever, increasing the risk of tooth and jaw damage.
- Maryland bridges are less obtrusive and more conservative than traditional or cantilever bridges. Metal or porcelain frameworks connected to the backs of teeth on either side of the gap serve as anchors for the bridge. These bridges can keep healthy teeth in place, but they are less secure.
- In implant-supported bridges, dental implants act as anchors. This type of bridge is more expensive and intrusive, but it is also safer.
Are you a Suitable Candidate for a dental bridge?
You may be a good candidate for a dental bridge if you have one or more missing teeth. A gap between your teeth is not only unattractive, but it can also lead to additional issues. Missing teeth are more than simply a cosmetic issue. Chewing and speaking may be more difficult, and teeth close to missing teeth may shift, compromising your bite. One option is to create a dental bridge, which bridges the gap left by one or more missing teeth. Dental bridges are made to look, feel, and operate just like the original teeth they are meant to replace. Dental bridges are attached to the natural teeth or implants that surround the vacant space. These teeth are known as abutments, and they serve to hold the dental bridge in place. A pontic is a substitute tooth that is affixed to the crowns that cover the abutments. Visit Arcade Dental if you are looking for the best dental bridge services in Pharr, TX.
Benefits of Dental Bridges
Dental bridges include a variety of advantages, including:
- Preserving the natural appearance of your smile.
- Improving the confidence to interact normally, as missing teeth can affect proper pronunciations.
- Maintaining normal facial shape by minimizing bone loss from the jaw where the lost tooth is located.
- Improving the ability to chew food properly.
- Protecting adjacent teeth from shifting into the gap, can develop problems with your bite and result in other complications.
We hope that this blog has enlightened you about the benefits of dental bridges. If you are looking for the best dental bridge services in Pharr, TX, visit Arcade Dental because missing teeth can make it very difficult to eat, speak, and smile. Book your appointment today.