By Arcade Dental / July 26, 2017
At Arcade Dental, kids dental health is incredibly important. Our dentists and dental staff consistently educate our young patients on the importance of maintaining great oral hygiene. Too often, kids don’t really understand how to take care of their teeth or don’t take the time to take care of their teeth properly. One of our primary initiatives is oral hygiene education.
Kids must understand that they need to brush their teeth twice per day, floss every day, and start rinsing once they get a little older, preferably once they are seven and older.
ALARMING FACTS ABOUT DENTAL HEALTH
Not everyone takes care of their teeth. In fact, even those who think they are conducting proper dental maintenance actually are a little short of reaching their goal. Here are some recent stats that show people aren’t taking care of their teeth properly, and this directly affects children because they learn from adults:
- 37% do not visit the dentist every year. It is recommended that everyone see the dentist once every six months.
- A quarter of the population do not brush their teeth twice per day. This is imperative to good oral health.
- A third of the population have never flossed before. Not flossing invites plaque buildup, tooth decay, gum disease, and other issues.
- 60% to 90% of schoolchildren have cavities. This can be resolved by brushing, flossing, and visiting the dentist every six months. Dental sealants are also a great way to keep cavities away.
- Nearly 50% of the population older than 30 suffer from some level of periodontal disease (gum disease). Flossing and brushing regularly will eliminate the possibility of gum disease.
Take it from us at Arcade Dental, it doesn’t take much to keep teeth clean. So be certain to teach your kids the importance of maintaining pristine oral health. It’s a lot harder and more expensive to take care of teeth after not maintaining them properly.
Contact our Pharr dental office today to schedule you and your family’s dental check up. Remember, kids get to play video games and watch movies before every appointment. We look forward to providing you and your family with great oral care.