By Arcade Dental / December 24, 2020
Sedation is an integral part of modern dentistry. It can be defined as the way of making the patients feel less or no pain at the time of undergoing dental treatments. Sedation is also termed as sleep dentistry, though the term is not accurate to an extent. Patients generally remain awake after anesthesia.
There are several types of anesthesia. Going through the pointers below will give you a clear idea about the different categories. They are:
- Inhaled minimal sedation – This process involves inhaling nitrous oxide that is generally termed as the laughing gas. The gas is mixed with oxygen and supplied with the help of a mask. It helps you relax and calm down during dental procedures. Inhaled minimal sedation is perhaps the only way where the patient can go back home himself after the treatment is done.
- Oral sedation – This is another way of sedation that is practiced in modern dentistry. The dosage of oral sedation can vary from minimal to moderate. In the case of a minimal dosage, a pill is provided about an hour before the dental work. The primary function of the pill is to make the patient feel drowsy. A larger dose is given to generate moderate sedation. The patients feel very dizzy and are asleep after the sedation. They can be awakened with a mild shake.
- IV Moderate sedation – It is another way of sedation that is used in advanced cases. A sedative drug is injected through the vein and works pretty quickly if compared with the other options. The level of sedation can be controlled during this process.
- General anesthesia and deep sedation – This is a type of sedation that involves the intake of medications that can make a patient completely unconscious or nearly unconscious. He/she cannot be easily awakened until the effect of anesthesia is gone.
Advantages of Sedation Dentistry
People usually undergo sedation dentistry before undergoing major dental treatment. Here at Arcade Dental, we offer premium sedation services for our patients. Some of the perks of sedation dentistry are being mentioned below:
- Sedation dentistry plays a vital role in the relief of anxiety for most of the patients who are nervous about undergoing dental treatment. This is most effective in the case of kids. Children can overcome the fear of visiting a dentist with the help of sedation.
- Sedation dentistry anterograde amnesia.
- Sedation dentistry plays a vital role in the reduction of the gag reflex.
- It has been seen that most people are afraid of visiting the dentist as they connect dental treatment with pain and distress. You should know that sedatives are helpful in reducing the pain felt while the task is executed.
- Usage of sedation makes it easy for the dentist to make the process very seamless. The patient throws no tantrum while the dentist tries to work.
The advancement in the field of modern dentistry has seen improvement like never before. Most of the dental clinics do a pretty good job when it comes to anesthesia. But, if you are looking for the best sedation dentistry treatment in Pharr, TX, contact Arcade Dental. You can also check out the wide array of quality dental treatments provided at an economical price. Call us today.