Despite good oral care, you might sometimes need to get your teeth removed at a dental office. There is a misconception about the teeth extraction procedure being too painful and discomforting. The modern advancements in the field of dentistry have made the treatment pretty seamless and the sedation options available can help you to avoid the pain with ease. Here at Arcade Dental, we also come across patients asking questions about the reasons to fo for teeth extraction. Keeping this in mind, we have come up with a blog that will discuss the topic and help you find an answer to all questions regarding it.
Reasons to Get a Tooth Extraction
Some of the most common reasons to go for teeth extraction are – tooth decay, gum disease, or periodontal problem, impaction, tooth decay, etc. We have listed the reasons for teeth extraction in the pointers below. Go through them and have no confusion in your mind.
- Impacted teeth – Tooth impaction is caused when the growth or eruption of one tooth pushes against the adjacent tooth. This can ultimately lead to the tooth being more susceptible to inflammation, swelling, tenderness, bleeding gums, infection, reddishness, etc. In case you suffer from this issue, it is common to feel pain or difficulty while opening your jaw and have swelling all around the site. The situation can worsen with time and the need to get the teeth extracted can become very prominent.
- Tooth decay – Tooth decay or dental cavities is a very common dental problem. It is generally initiated due to the deposition of plaque or tartar. These deposits eat away the enamel (outermost layer of your teeth) and can easily make you go through tremendous pain or discomfort. Now, tooth decay can be stopped to an extent. But, once the damage is done beyond repair, it might be necessary for you to get the tooth removed.
- Gum disease or Periodontal problem – Another reason for teeth extraction is gum disease or severe periodontal problem. The gum disease starts with the formation of plaque. You need to know that the integrity of the gum or bone around the gum can deteriorate too much due to periodontal disease. The situation can become such that teeth extraction becomes a must.
- Trauma – Your teeth can face the trauma in an accident or an injury. The damage can sometimes be too much to be recovered. In that case, your dentist might recommend you to go for a teeth extraction process. It is absolutely safe if performed under the observation of a trained professional.
- Overcrowding – Overcrowding of teeth is another major cause of teeth extraction. Removal of the problematic tooth can provide the rest of the teeth with the required space.
We hope that you have now gained a clear understanding of the reasons for teeth extraction. Contact Arcade Dental if you are looking for the best teeth extraction service in Pharr, TX. All you gotta do is just give us a call.
Aftercare Tips for Teeth Extraction
Adopting a few tips can be helpful to speed up the recovery process after teeth extraction. The best Pharr dentists have come up with aftercare tips for teeth extraction.
- Use an icepack at the site of extraction to reduce the swelling
- Moist heat can also be applied if you have a sore jaw
- Gently open and close your mouth, it can be a perfect exercise for your jaw
- Try to eat soft food items such as pasta, rice, or soup
- Do drink an adequate amount of fluids
- Start brushing your teeth after two days of the surgery, make sure to not dislodge the blood clots
- Always take the medications prescribed by your dentist
- If there is a critical situation, do consult your dentist
Do not hesitate to go for teething extraction if it is necessary. We assure you that undergoing the teeth removal procedure at our dental office will feel absolutely hassle-free. Every effort will be invested to make you go through minimal or no pain during the procedure. Book an appointment today!