One of the most common treatment procedures performed by dentists is the placement of dental fillings. Cavities cause holes in your teeth, which are filled with these materials. Metal alloys have traditionally been used in fillings, although composite fillings are becoming more prevalent. Fillings prevent additional decay of teeth that have previously been damaged by tooth decay. Any pain or discomfort caused by a cavity should disappear once the tooth is treated. Dental fillings can be of different types. So, speaking with the dentist will help you choose which options suit your needs the best.
Why Get Dental Fillings?
Fillings are also one of the most cost-effective medical procedures. This is why it’s critical to see your dentist right away if you find cavities in your mouth. You’ll have to spend a lot more than fillings to save the tooth if the cavity has grown to the point where the pulp chamber is compromised.
While silver amalgam fillings are adequate for the task, they are more noticeable in your mouth. Composite fillings, on the other hand, look exactly like natural teeth, so no one will know you have fillings in some of your teeth.
The best dentists in Pharr have come up with the benefits of dental fillings in the pointers below. Go through the section below if you have any questions about the perks of getting dental fillings.
- Your dentist will clean out the decaying section of your tooth before placing a filling. The filler material will next be poured in, sealing the hole created by the cavity. This shields the nerve terminals in your dentine from the acids produced by bacteria in your mouth and the temperatures of the food items you eat. When these nerves become exposed due to cavities, toothaches are common.
- Composite fillings help to strengthen your tooth’s structure. The filling will provide much-needed support rather than the cavity hollowing out the tooth. Fillings are only temporary, so there is no harm done to your tooth while they are being applied.
- A fractured tooth can be repaired with fillings. For this, a white composite is frequently used. Oral trauma from vigorous activities such as sports or an accident might fracture one of your teeth. When you chew on hard things like ice or hard sweets, your teeth can be shattered. As you get older, your teeth become weaker, making you more susceptible to chipping and fractures.
- Composite fillings are frequently used to restore teeth that have become damaged or discolored. The food items you eat and drink, such as coffee and red wine, can discolor your teeth. Harmful behaviors such as bruxism can cause your teeth to lose their natural color.
- Small holes form on your teeth that aren’t large enough to be considered cavities, yet they tend to retain food particles and debris. These holes will eventually lead to tooth decay if left untreated. Fortunately, a composite filler can be used to seal them.
Book your appointment with Arcade Dental if you are looking for the best dental fillings treatment in Pharr, TX, and nearby. Give us a call to schedule your appointment today!